Sunday, January 6, 2013

Yardenne's Author's Notes for The Book of David - Draft 3

Hey Friends,

This is the 3rd draft of my novel. I call it a 3rd draft, but really, some sections were written and rewritten many times and some were just written this week. What I would most want, if it's realistic, is for you to read it and write down your notes and only then look at the few questions I'm posting here. The reason I'd like this is that I'd like you to first give me your immediate impressions of this, without my questions directing your reading. Of course, if this isn't convenient, I'll understand completely. 

So here are things I'd like to know:
1. How do you feel about the order of information? Do you think more/less chronological order would create more drama/suspense?
2. What do you think of the mention of years at the beginning of segments? Does it help ground you in time or is does it break the flow of the story?
3. How do you feel about the characters? Do the people in David's family seem well-rounded to you? Do you want to get a fuller picture of them?

Thanks for reading! Waiting to hear your thoughts!

Yardenne

No comments:

Post a Comment